Wednesday, January 1, 2014

California Scrambled





Personally I'm not a huge fan of the instagram filters, except maybe a black and white one here and there. I think editing should be done in a way to make people see pictures in a new perspective, perhaps one that jogs a distant memory. Pictures are beautiful because they can make you feel hopeful, nostalgic, daring, ecstatic and just about every other emotion. Editing these pictures gives you control over how exactly you want your audience to feel. The bottom picture here was aimed to make people feel exuberant and adventurous, a quick reminder to seize the day or perhaps even more. The third picture here was inspired by my trip to Hollywood. It's amazing to me how homeless sleep on the hand prints of the famous and Marilyn Monroe's star is right outside Mcdonalds. I was aiming for a Bel Air meets Beverly Hills feel of remembrance for the past and a slimmer of hope for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment