Sunday, January 12, 2014

Video - Marilyn Monroe and Vintage LA

Youtube link is to the new video!!!!

http://youtu.be/sBtzXIaxiOg


This short film (2 min) was made using vintage footage from mostly LA. It's set to the song Viices by Made in Heights. I love vintage footage because it makes people feel more emotion then just regular high quality clips, it almost has a rough texture which grabs at the viewers mind and spurs nostalgia. Recently I've been inspired by Marilyn Monroe and I've combined her footage with old footage from LA and nearby parts of California  By combining all these clips I can manipulate the viewers emotions by how fast or how slow I play them, what the sequence is and obviously the music. Art is really about making your audience feel the way you do, showing them something, maybe a different perspective they haven't experienced. I hope my audiences get that out of this video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment